Currently I am tracking those open issues with various software applications / online services.
If you have any useful hints on any of those issues, I am very happy to listen.
Issues I am currently having:
- Scanbot auto-upload in Android
Confirmed: Issue is already confirmed by the app development team. Hopeful for an update coming soon.
- It was already working before but hat to revoke the app password and am currently failing to set it up again.
- Forum thread: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/cannot-add-nextcloud-webdav-as-auto-upload-service-in-android-scanbot-app/90509
- End-to-end encryption
- Can’t get end-to-end encryption to work on multiple devices.
- Forum thread: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/end-to-end-encryption-with-multiple-devices/90059
Insists of putting a visible directory right in your home folder on Ubuntu.
- See open issue on snapd github
Please take a look at comment #11 where even Mark Shuttleworth suggested to switch at least to a hidden “.snap” directory (2017-02-27). Unbelievably after almost 4 years developers still don’t assign their bug with the most heat by far any significance.
Best workaround for me currently is to uninstall snap completely. Sadly Ubuntu is distributing more and more applications via Snap by default. I hope the issue is resolved before I have to switch to another distribution.
Confirmed: After Ubuntu 20.04 was shipped the dev team announced that they have committed to fix the issue:
From recent conversations with the team, the approach has been discussed and we have an agreement on it, we should now see a design document made public in the next few weeks (september still, hopefully), which means an implementation available in the next few months. So we’ll see it as part of the snapd release that will be in 21.04. We need to get it into one of the testing channels well before that, as this is a critical path that needs proper testing before being in a release.https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapd/+bug/1575053/comments/259